1. Music games become even bigger. Rock Band is just the start.
2. Wii continues to outsell competitors; but the new content volume lag vs PS3 and 360 could enable others to make up lost ground.
3. Virtual world hubris takes a breather. Kids worlds still mainstay as Second Life stagnates.
4. The “mass market” by $$ is still very much consoles. But online is growing fast so “mass market” by audience volume remains up for grabs.
5. A cable or TV operator will make the XBOX360 their set top box.
6. A TV company will create a virtual world whose user numbers outstrip anything created by the games industry.
7. Avatars will continue to grow across all platforms as people struggle to create a 2 or 3D online representation of their personal brand.
8. EA continue to falter, losing more key talent.
9. Activision will not capitalise on bringing Blizzard’s online experience into its portfolio this year, but watch out in 2009.
10. GTA IV will sell an absolute boat load of units, showing our our animation to the world!